May 4, 2010

Oh, Phillies Fans.

Last night the Phillies played a home game. Now, I'm not really into sports, but I am when a kid from my school jumps the fence and runs onto the field. From all of the talk and videoes and pictures I have seen at school today of this event, I have gathered the following information:

1. Steve Consalvi is now a legend/hero
2. He had been planning to run on the field.
3. He spent a night in juvi
4. He has a $5,000 fine
5. He dropped hard when they tasered him
6. He was the first to be tasered at a major league baseball game
7. He called his step dad before hand and told him he was going to run on the field
8. Steve Consalvi's name is very hard for me to pronounce.



Why someone would ever think running onto the field of a major league baseball game would be a good idea? I have no clue, but it's funny as hell. Apparently he went to court at 9 this morning, but other than that, I have no solid information about what's going to happen to him beyond the night he spent in juvi. Some people are saying he'll get the fine taken away because he was a minor and security used excessive force, but who knows.

At first all of this was very exciting, hilarious, and everyone was talking about it. By the end of the day, I was tired of hearing about it. I'm actually just surprised the security guard didn't totally kick his ass. They thought he was a terrorist! Besides all that, he did run for a long time on the field. He ran long enough for someone on the upper level to get out their phone, get it on video setting, and take 15 seconds worth of video.

Just youtube it and you can see the whole thing. However, prepare yourself for all the nasty comments people are leaving about the whole situation, calling him an idiot and lots of other things. Some of the comments are rough and from some non intelligent people (you can tell because they write like they never learned how to spell).

So because of this whole getting tasered business, this kid Steve Consalvi is pretty much a legend and exteremely popular. I already know one boy that is super jealous that he's not center of attention anymore. I won't say who, but I will say, he's a flamming idiot.

No comments: