April 29, 2010

Long Term Substitute Teachers Should Not Exist

Long-term subs have to be the worst thing on the planet. My Honors Research Paper class just got one since our teacher (Mrs. Kummerer) is out getting surgery. I don't even know our sub's name. I do know that this is her first ever teaching job, that she is trying to be our friend and not our teacher, and she has taught me nothing. She gives us about 5 minutes of work and then claims that's all she had planned for the day so the rest of the period we just do whatever we want. We just had a test and we never went over or read some of the material. Plus! She talks so quiet that I can hear a word she says. I look around the room and just see people randomly turning pages in their books. My English class has become a joke. We blow bubbles, Matt played guitar one day, no learning happening. At all.



Because of this English class we are all going to become mullet sporting, uneducated fools. I can barely read anymore! I thought my shirt said "So Fierce" today, it definately says "So Fresh". My education is at a stand still!

No comments: